October 2022 Bi-Annual Business Meeting Minutes
Kansas Association of Court Services Officers
Bi-Annual Business Meeting
Thursday, October 20, 2022
Call to Order
· Approval of the April 7, 2022 Business Meeting Minutes Mike Mcquire 21stmade the motion to approve the minutes, Jessica Croyle with the 18th Seconded. All in favor, motion carried.
· Treasurer’s Report presented by Julie Whitney, Treasurers. $70, 864.25 Michelle Collier 5th made a motion to approve. Sara Steggy 10th Seconded the motion. All in favor, motion carried.
· Bylaws change-no questions or concerns mentioned. Motion to approve made by Travis Lahamn 27th, Megan Graham 18th seconded the motion. All in favor, motion carried.
· Training-Charly Pegg, 18th JD
o Shout out to Legislative Committee
o Please send ideas for trainings and/or join committed please contact Charly.
o Upcoming Trainings include Manhattan Spring of 2023.
o Post conference surveys-will be out by end of next week, please send back the feedback is extremely beneficial to the board for future conferences.
o Made announcements to changes made for trainings the remainder of this conference.
· Legislative-Kevin Waring, 10th JD
o Please email Kevin Waring to join Legislative Committee. If not interested in joining the committee still reach out with ideas and concerns.
o Legislative Committee meeting two weeks from today with an in-person option and zoom option.
o Kearney and Associates continue to be extremely valuable to have in our corner. Reminder of raffle tickets being the main way in which we pay for lobbyist.
· Public Relations-Julie Marler, 28th JD
· Membership and Nominations-Kelsey Cox, 27th JD
o Chiefs-Membership and Renewals will be coming out soon,
o All Membership-Nominations for Renewals will be coming out towards the first of the year.
· Site Selection-V.P. Tom Weishaar, 1st JD
o Spring 2023 Hilton Garden Inn, Manhattan April 19-21
o Fall 2023 Praire Band Casino, Mayetta October 18-20
o Spring 2024 Drury Inn, Wichita April 10-12
o Fall 2024 Praire Band Casino, Mayetta October 23-25
Spence Koehn-all CSO’s should be getting the Court current for communication via email very soon.
Tyler Supervision, track 5 was pushed back 1 month to Dec. 12, Track 6 going live of March 2023, Track 7-June 2023, 18th- October 2023, followed by Johnson CO.-no date yet.
Attend Tyler trainings-Good Information
Be on the lookout for Motivational Interviewing training to be emailed via Spence this following Monday
Reminder-must do WRNA, YL
LSCMI/YLS-will be via certify this year YLS-April LSCMI-March
Legislation-Sentencing Commission plans to introduce bills again this year. SB123 eligilbity to include 7-10 non-drug offenders. Early Discharge-SC plans to follow rec, of CJR which is 75% clients. Special rule 10 and 26-plans to reword rules to clarify prior convictions vs. current convictions.
Thanks to Drury Inn
Thanks to all vendors donations.
Raffle Prize donations.
Reminder of Social Hour and Raffle Drawings this evening.
Yearly Fundraising Raffle-Reminder of Raffle tickets. Eligibility for VIP event.
KACSO items available at the registration table.
Jessica Croyle 18th made a motion to adjourn, Julie Whitney 5th seconded. All in favor, Meeting adjourned.