June 2022 Minutes
KACSO EXCUTIE BOARD MEETING
June 16, 2022 (via Zoom)
CALL TO ORDER :
· Stephanie Springer, 27th (President) Tom Weishaar, 1st (Vice President), Julie Whitney, 5th (Treasurer), Kelsey Cox, 27th (Membership and Nominations), Julie Marler, 28th (Public Relations), Kevin Waring, 10th (Legislative Chair), Chris Esquibel, 29th (Sitting Past President)- all present.
· Stephanie Springer called meeting to order.
· Reading & Review of April 2022 and May 2022 minutes
· Chris Esquibel (29th) moved to approve the April/May minutes as submitted. Julie Marler (28th) seconded the motion. All in favor, motion approved.
· TREASURE’S REPORT
· May Treasurer’s report was submitted with an ending balance of $81,314.74.
· Kevin Waring (10th) moved to approve the May 2022 report as submitted. Chris Esquibel (29th) seconded the motion. All in favor, motion approved.
o Chris reached out to the casino in Pittsburg KS with no response. Chris will reach out to Mayetta for Fall of 2024- Spring 2025 Manhattan and Fall 2025 Mulvane.
· SB408—Stephanie has had a meeting with CSG. Kevin and Spence are also a part of these meetings which will occur bi-weekly with other stakeholders. A quick time line is being discussed regarding a MOU which is to be established by the fall.
· Legislative Committee meetings are being set up through the ks.courts e-mail addresses.
· Sentencing commission and OJA will be having on-line/zoom updates regarding the new laws that come into effect July 1st.
· Last meeting had discussed increasing vendor fees.
· Motion was made by Julie Whitney (5th) to increase vendor fees to $150 for a single table, $200 for a double table (both FOR profit agencies) and $75 (non profit). Chris Esquibel (29th) seconded the motion. All in favor, motion passed.
· Standing rules will need updated regarding the new vendor fees.
Membership and Nomination:
· Letters of intent are due 6-30-22 for positions of Vice President, Membership and Nominations, Legislative Chair and Secretary.
· By-Laws: new/updated by-laws need to be sent out to membership 30 days prior to conference.
· Debit Card limit- Julie Whitney (5th) will contact the bank to see about getting the limit increased just for the week of conference.
· Taxes have been completed.
· Conference refunds have been mailed to the 6th & 8th however not yet sent to the 7th.
· Informed that the current Secretary board position has been vacated. Discussed need for interim position. Kelsey Cox (27th) will send out an e-mail to membership reminding that letters of intent are due by June 30th and also ask for any interest in the interim position.
· Retirement cards were mailed to Thomas L. (10th) and Kristi P (3rd).
· Vendor fees to be updated to reflect the increases.
· July 21st- 10:00 a.m. Executive Board Meeting Zoom
· Chris Esquibel (29th) moved to adjourn the meeting. Kevin Waring (10th) seconded the motion. All in favor, motion was approved.
Stephanie Springer, President Kelsey Cox, (filling in as Secretary)